The Cops Who would be Blackman and Robin: Mercadal and Robinet

I have done worse than  the title of this post; one that does no justice to a pair of distinguished military aviators (Gen. Chappie James and Col.Robin Olds.) The Sacramento pair have done nothing to distinguish themselves, but nonetheless have achieved a deserved degree of fame, rather infamy. The work of each of them, the deadly duo, part of a larger litany of iniquity

The above are the results of the entire Sacramento P.D.
follows; neither words or elaboration are necessary.

Comparisons are impossible when Whites are not subjected to the action/activity. Ah!

Richard Hylton

Why Sacramento matters; especially now that the CA-DOJ claims to be "assisting" those in its "backyard" with the matter of the killing of Stephan Clark, who died in his grandmother's
1 message

Richard HyltonFri, Jul 20, 2018 at 12:22 PM

To: AB953 <ab953@doj.ca.gov>, Kelli Evans <kelli.evans@doj.ca.gov>
Cc: "Catherine Z. Ysrael" <Catherine.Ysrael@doj.ca.gov>, Kathleen.Radez@doj.ca.gov, Nancy Beninati <Nancy.Beninati@doj.ca.gov>


A few days ago the City of Sacramento replied to the within. It was my second request.

Messrs. Mercadal and Robinet had indeed been in my initial selection of (207) potential rotters, and the City of Sacramento had indeed provided the data to both. They were at the high end of the bias-index,  as these graphics show. Officer Robinet managed to exceed the scale for Disparity Index (10 or 1000%.) Robinet managed a Disparity index for stops of Blacks of 10.37; something that I had never encountered before. Disparity Index is the ratio of stops to population presence.
ROBINET, JARED 0520 4134

image.png
MERCADAL, TERRANCE 0752 4347

image.png
Why these two "gentlemen" were not visible to, and why a corrective intervention had not been attempted by those who supervise them,   is for you, the CA-DOJ and The City of Sacramento, to determine. These "gentlemen" stand out but are not outstanding.

Finally; this week while sitting at my computer, an Email-read notification popped up. I did not recognize the subject line that it announced, as something that I had written recently. When the associated Email arrived, it related to an email that I had written to San Diego's City Council, about its futile or non-existent Early Warning system. It had been  written and sent in or around May 2017. As my people say, "Better late than never!"


Richard Hylton



On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 10:40 AM Richard Hylton <hyltonrichard@gmail.com> wrote:

In a moment of idleness, I did a Google search and located a newspaper article that identified Mercadal  and  Robinet; the "shootists."  As you know, my endeavours include the identification of officers and the examination of their stop activities to identify patterns of bias. To that end, I have identified 207 officers who are in dire need of attention; 32% of those who execute stops. Those in this distribution, who are employees of the City of Sacramento, have those names, or should, or should pay attention.

It is not clear that Mercadal and Robinet are included in the above group; indeed, to be included in  it indications of bias had to be 50% above the basis. I remain determined to see if the conduct of  these "gentlemen", Mercadal and Robinet , whonow command websites dedicated to them, should have commanded the attention of the stewards of the business of your city, before that fateful night. So once again I ask that you provide me with the ABRA Numbers and Officer Identification Numbers for Mercadel and Robinet.

Finally, please indulge me. Several years ago, as the result of a personal experience, I began recording every instance that I saw any interaction with law enforcement. Not far from my home is an intersection where such encounters were manufactured. One day I stopped to record a pair of officers who lay in wait to ensnare passersby; motorists. As I approached them they gunned their engine and took off like bats out of hell. I duly reported it to a Deputy City Attorney; Joseph Allen. He advised me to reconsider doing that in future because the cops may mistake my phone for a weapon. I have never been able to thank him; he left the practice of law to become a diver; I dive into data.

Please provide me with the ABRA Numbers and Officer Identification Numbers for Mercadel and Robinet. 



Richard Hylton




On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 10:58 AM Richard Hylton <> wrote:

RE: Public Records Reference # P008674-032218 

It seems to me that had the City of Sacramento had been as exacting in its concern for the safety of all of its citizens, and been as assiduous in attending to the welfare of all children, we would not be having this exchange. But more concerning than that is that you attempt to rely on a ruling that is against the attempt at concealment that is your present endeavour.

In,  Long Beach Police Officers Assoc. v. City of Long Beach (2014) 59 Cal. 4th 59.) the California Supreme Court is unambiguous. I have highlit the salient sections for your information.

To invoke the provision, Sacramento must make a showing of specific or particular threats. Your letter just barely mentions them as a possibility; like so:

"The Sacramento Police Department is permitted to withhold the names of officers if the release will endanger the safety of the officers or their immediate family members." 

Doubtless, The City of Sacramento wishes me to draw an inference that release will endanger the safety of the officers or their immediate family members. I refuse to do your work for you.

Accordingly, I hold that the City Of Sacramento has refused to meets its obligation under the CPRA and has based that refusal on grounds that it knows to be specious.




Richard Hylton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great minds think alike: fools seldom differ

Hylton Remembers: While The Mich Cows Remain Productive and The Beatings are Unabated

Self-Inflicted Wounds are quite useful